Did someone try to clip your wings ?
You can fly away
It was not fair and it was not right. But it would be much worse if you failed to see your new wings. We all have them, but sometimes we forget to use them. I will shed tears for you when I need to, but I will not shed tears when the hurricane is over. This is when I`ll be there and watch you try to fly. I will protect you, I will make you stronger, and if I cry, it will be tears of pride.
Damn these walls
In the moment we’re ten feet tall
Open your wings and fly over every wall. I’ll see you on the other side.
Where do I put all my energy? Where do I shelve my excitement, or am I free to jump up and down with simple joy? My clients see my jumpy side all the time, since it`s not unusual that they see me standing on my chair, kicking invisible enemies or plumping down on the floor. And why not?
There`s much to be excited about. Sometimes I simply MUST show this excitement, even if it demands a flapping hand or two. I`m not the only one either (not with hands, I know most people have them). I`m not alone! Actually, there`s many in the secret “ecstasy-class”. Instead of discussing the fix we won`t take, we discuss how we can shoot more of life`s fixes, WITHOUT hiding. We have certain steps we go through, and one of the last ones (that transform us, of course) is spreading the fixes to lots of others. When we do that, we feel even more ecstatic.
Can you imagine the jumping glee I felt when I just discovered another person perfect for the ecstasy group? I immediately spotted her ecstasy queen jumping in all directions while shouting something that sounds like: yeeeeaaahhhhiiiiiaaaaahhhhh!
The Fault In Our Stars by John Green is probably one of my favorite books that I read this summer. I thought I’d include some of my favorite quotes from the book.
- “I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, then all at once.”
- “Sometimes, you read a book and it fills you with this weird evangelical zeal, and you become convinced that the shattered world will never be put back together unless and until all living humans read the book.”
- “I’m in love with you, and I’m not in the business of denying myself the simple pleasure of saying true things. I’m in love with you, and I know that love is just a shout into the void, and that oblivion is inevitable, and that we’re all doomed and that there will come a day when all our labor has been returned to dust, and I know the sun will swallow the only earth we’ll ever have, and I am in love with you.”
- “Some infinities are bigger than other infinities.”
- “Some people don’t understand the promises they’re making when they make them,” I said.“Right, of course. But you keep the promise anyway. That’s what love is. Love is keeping the promise anyway.”
- “The marks humans leave are too often scars.”
- “Oh, I wouldn’t mind, Hazel Grace. It would be a privilege to have my heart broken by you.”
- “May I see you again?” he asked. There was an endearing nervousness in his voice.I smiled. “Sure.”“Tomorrow?” he asked.“Patience, grasshopper,” I counseled. “You don’t want to seem overeager.“Right, that’s why I said tomorrow,” he said. “I want to see you again tonight. But I’m willing to wait all night and much of tomorrow.” I rolled my eyes. “I’m serious,” he said.
- “You are so busy being YOU that you have no idea how utterly unprecedented you are.”
- “The pleasure of remembering had been taken from me, because there was no longer anyone to remember with. It felt like losing your co-rememberer meant losing the memory itself, as if the things we’d done were less real and important than they had been hours before.”
- “You realize that trying to keep your distance from me will not lessen my affection for you. All efforts to save me from you will fail.”
- “Maybe ‘okay’ will be our ‘always”
- “You gave me a forever within the numbered days, and I’m grateful.”
- “And then the line was quite but not dead. I almost felt like he was there in my room with me, but in a way it was better, like I was not in my room and he was not in his, but instead we were together in some invisible and tenuous third space that could only be visited on the phone.”
- “That’s the good thing about pain. It demands to be felt.”
Three words: Best. Book. Ever. Seriously, go read it. It’s amazing!
Right now I have a brand new feeling inside me. It`s like packing out strange food covered with plastic, revealing a smell that is unfamiliar and exciting. I got the same feeling of strangeness when I ate fried bananas and ice cream for the first time. First I did not know if I liked the taste, because it was so completely different from anything I`d tried before.
I can feel the newness of this new feeling it in my stomach and throat, but have not been able to label it yet. It comes from strange coincidences (or faith?) connected to the theme flying (I`ve always dreamt about flying, it has been one of the few recurring dreams I have, but usually when I can`t control it). The song I present might convey some of what I`m trying to say:
Kate Earl- Learning to fly
It seems like faith has lifted me
I can’t seem to keep my feet on the ground
I no longer hide
So i let the sun wash over me
Cause there’s no darkness left
To hold me down
And i feel it’s light
Now i found the spark
That was missin in my life
I earned these wings
I was not born with them
and it’s no accident
How i walked through
The rain and the fire
Lyrics from eLyrics.net
- Kate Earl (music2benoticed.wordpress.com)
- Flying (focusedandfree.com)
- Recurring Dreams (simplylilacs.wordpress.com)
- Fly (missaprillynn.wordpress.com)