Although he’s not quite here yet (there are still a few red and orange leaves clinging for dear life), Old Man Winter is definitely heading up the driveway.
Personally, I love winter. I love snow and fireplaces and hot chocolate. I love snuggling up with my dog (and other loved ones!), decorating for the holidays, and baking warm goodies.
However, winter is hard on some folks. For many, it’s difficult to nourish our bodies and minds when we’re overwhelmed by the cold and dark. Some people deal with seasonal affective disorder, while others simply cope with the winter blahs.
Below are 12 quotes that can boost your spirits and keep you going throughout the rest of autumn and the upcoming winter months. As always, take what works for you and leave the rest behind.
- “A cloudy day is no match for a sunny disposition.” — William Arthur Ward
- “To be interested in the changing seasons is a happier state of mind than to be hopelessly in love with spring.” — George Santayana
- “One kind word can warm three winter months.” — Japanese Proverb
- “Meditate. Live purely. Be quiet. Do your work with mastery. Like the moon, come out from behind the clouds! Shine.” — Buddha
- “The color of springtime is in the flowers; the color of winter is in the imagination.” — Terri Guillemets
- “When snow falls, nature listens.” — Antoinette van Kleeff
- “Clouds come floating into my life, no longer to carry rain or usher storm, but to add color to my sunset sky.” — Rabindranath Tagore
- “Dark clouds may hang on me sometimes, but I’ll work it out…” — Dave Matthews
- “Weather is a great metaphor for life — sometimes it’s good, sometimes it’s bad, and there’s nothing much you can do about it but carry an umbrella.” — Terri Guillemets
- “Winter is on my head, but eternal spring is in my heart.” — Victor Hugo
- “There’s no such thing as bad weather, only unsuitable clothing.” — Alfred Wainwright
- “There is no season such delight can bring / As summer, autumn, winter and the spring.” — William Browne
How about YOU, sweet readers? What’s your favorite quote (or quotes) to get you through tough times?
I have not had time to sit down and write a proper post in far too long, and must confess I miss it. Writing has been a solace to me the last year, and I have loved to write about my thoughts and ideas. Many have said they appreciate my posts about psychology, and I will work with enhancing the quality in addition to focus on interesting content in the future.
I also want to work more on my project kindness. The idea is to encourage people to do one kind act every week, preferably to a stranger. My attitude is that we have to focus on
positive behavior if we want changes
If we see others doing good things, we will be inspired to be good ourselves.
With that, I want to say merry Christmas to everyone! Enjoy the time with people you care about, and be sure to appreciate it. For those who have a tough time, I hope you still focus on what’s good in life ❤